Monday, December 2, 2013

Three Minnesota college students take a stand against racial hatred

http://topconservativenews.com/2013/12/three-minnesota-college-students-take-a-stand-against-racial-hatred/

Three Minnesota college students take a stand against racial hatred

Shannon Gibney was reprimanded for singling out white males and creating a hostile learning environment for them
Minnesota is the state that brought you a government funded program to get public school children to wear self-denigrating “white privilege” bracelets. (This website was a major part of a campaign that forced the Minnesota Department of Public Instruction to scrub the bracelet effort.)
It is no surprise that Minnesota Universities would be harboring some of the most extreme college professors.
However, one Minneapolis Community and Technical College [MCTC] professor is being reprimandedfor “actions in [targeting] select students based on their race and gender.” This came about three white students stood up to her in class and then filed a complaint.
Shannon Gibney is an English teacher who, by her own admission, uses the class to preach about “racism.” We found complaints on the internet from as far back as 2007 that she misuses her class to complain about white people. In 2012, Shannon Gibney even sued her employer MCTC for “racial discrimination.”
Shannon Gibney’s response to the reprimand has been to grandstand and claim she now feels like “a target” in her own class. She told MCTC “You have helped those three white male students succeed in undermining my authority as one of the few remaining black female professors here.’”
Shannon Gibney has railed about so-called white male privilege for years, but her own words suggest that she expects special treatment for being a black female!
i would not recommend her. she talks more about diversity and racism than English. on more than one occasion she hinted at the fact that she thinks most of the class was prejudiced and singled out students in the class. she was sarcastic and made you feel dumb for asking questions (December 2007)
DO NOT take this class with her. First of all I had more homework in this class than my other 3 classes combined. Second off this is not an English class, it’s basicly just a way for her to stand on a soap box and preach about racial inequality. (March 2008)
She talks a lot about ethnic and racism but less about English. I felt like I had to agree with what she saying or else she singled me out. For one of my papers, she bashed me out and ripped me a new one. Lots of homework for an online class. I would not recommend her. I’m sure she’s a great person, I feel that she needs to be more open minded too (May, 2008)
I agree she talked about racism and diversity way too much. I thought I was taking english, not racism 101. It irritated me because I really like english, but I felt like I learned way more about english in HS classes than in this one because all she talked about was racism, barely anything to do with improving writing. The class was super easy tho (August, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment